Select Page
Home » Finance FAQs » What is Income Protection or Accident Sickness & Unemployment insurance?

Have you ever considered what would happen to you or your loved ones if you couldn’t work due to a long-term illness or injury which results in a loss of earnings?  How would you cover your household bills or childcare costs?

Income Protection insurance can help you to protect your income as well as your lifestyle by providing a regular monthly payment if you can’t work due to incapacity caused by an illness, or an injury which results in a loss of earnings.  This type of policy usually pays out until you return to work, retire, die, or your plan ends, which ever happens first.

Accident, sickness & unemployment (ASU) insurance is a form of income protection that pays you a tax-free proportion of your lost salary every month for 12 or 24 months to help you get back on your feet.  If you fall ill, get hurt or lose your job through no fault of your own, you’ll be covered – and you can spend the money on whatever you want.  ASU isn’t tied to a particular debt – you receive up to 50% of your normal salary each month for the period covered.

We can visit you

Let us know when is convenient to call round

You can visit us

Come to see us in Cambridge, we have parking

We can call you

Arrange to discuss everything over the phone

We are proud to be members of these organisations