Select Page
Home » Mortgage FAQs » I’m a PhD student, can I get a mortgage?

Yes. Stipend income is usually paid to those working towards a PhD or completing research for a university.  There are a number of lenders which will lend to PhD students earning a stipend income, providing they are purchasing a property jointly with another applicant who does not earn a stipend income, i.e. is employed and in receipt of a salary.
Lenders usually request a Letter of Confirmation from the payer (e.g. university) to show the applicant’s name and the monetary value of the stipend allowance to support a mortgage application.

We can visit you

Let us know when is convenient to call round

You can visit us

Come to see us in Cambridge, we have parking

We can call you

Arrange to discuss everything over the phone

We are proud to be members of these organisations